Nail Polish Glamour Base
This product is: vegan, cruelty free and 10-free.
A great suspension nail polish base for glitter nail polish.
This product only ships via FedEx Ground and only to the lower 48 states and Canada.
Nail Polish Glamour Base for Glitter (Suspension Base). This base is ideal for nail polish which contains glitter and will prevent glitter from sinking to the bottom of a nail polish bottle. For this reason, it is thicker than our standard luster base.
TKB's Glamour Base has a small amount of Violet #2 dye added to it. As a result, the product has a slight purple/violet tint to it.
The addition of Violet #2 into nail polish is very common in commercial manufacturing as it offers several advantages:
- Nail polish tends to have a yellow underhue, or to yellow with age and exposure to UV light. Purple is "opposite yellow on the color wheel" and therefore offsets yellow, making the resulting polish more neutral in color as it ages.
- A slightly colored nail polish is easier to see when pouring into the bottle.
- Sweetness factor: For us, working with this lightly colored polish is the difference between working with a boring bottle of glue and something that is just prettier, brighter and somehow more magical. Maybe the big guys don't factor this last point in, but it's our experience.
Ingredients By Percent
- Butyl Acetate: 40%
- Ethyl Acetate: 22.55%
- Nitrocellulose: 14%
- Adipic Acid / Neopentyl Gycol / Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer: 7.12%
- Acetyl Tributyl Citrate: 7%
- Isopropyl Alcohol: 1.2%
- Stearalkonium Bentonite: 1.13%
- Acrylates Copolymer: 0.5%
- Silica: 0.2%
- Benzophenone-1: 0.2%
- Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate: 0.1%
SDS (Revised in Dec-03-2020)