How Make Lip Oil
Thirsty for a dewy lip? In this blog post we tell you what to look for in a lip oil and how to make them.
Lip oil offers several advantages, such as:
- Hydrating: a light layer of oil on your lips shields them from drying out and adds moisture, ensuring your lips stay hydrated.
- Nourishing: Many lip oils include nourishing ingredients like jojoba oil, argan oil, and vitamin E, which have healing and beneficial properties.
- Versatile usage: Lip oil can be used alone as a standalone product, or it can serve as a base for lipstick or lip gloss, adding versatility to your beauty routine.
Here is a table highlighting some common ingredients found in lip oil:
Lightweight and easily absorbed
Provides a protective barrier and helps retain moisture
Sweet almond oil
Moisturizing and rich in vitamins
Soothes and adds moisture
Helps heal and protect the skin
Recipe #1: Tatyana Morgan’s Lip Oil Recipe
Youtuber and beauty expert Tatyana Morgan used TKB Gloss Base to make a moisturizing lip oil.
- TKB Gloss Base (Versagel)
- Flavoring Oils (e.g., Strawberry, Vanilla, Mixed Berry)
- TKB Colouring Pigments (e.g., Perky Pink Lip Liquid)
- Various Oils of your choice (e.g., Coconut Oil, Grapeseed Oil)
- Metal Scale
- Sanitize the area where you will be working using a wet wipe.
- Put on gloves to maintain cleanliness.
- Gather all the materials needed, such as a metal scale, plastic bowls, plastic spoon, spatula, TKB Versagel, flavouring oils, coloring pigments, and various oils.
- Measure out the desired amount of TKB Versagel depending on the quantity and consistency you want to achieve.
- Mix the TKB Versagel and Oils slowly, gradually increasing the speed until well combined.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more gloss base or oil, depending on your preference. Aim for a lightweight consistency that is still noticeable on the lips.
- Add the flavoring oils to the lip oil base according to your desired scent intensity.
- Add the coloring pigments to achieve the desired color of the lip oil. Mix well to ensure even distribution.
- Check the color and scent to ensure they meet your preferences. Adjust if necessary.
- Prepare a syringe or pipette for filling the lip oil tubes.
- Fill the syringe with the lip oil base mixture and carefully transfer it into the lip oil tubes. Alternatively, you can pour the lip oil directly from the bowl into the syringe or tube.
- Seal the lip oil tubes.
- Your homemade lip oils are now ready for personal use or for sale.
Please note that the provided instructions are based on the information provided in the video, and the exact measurements and specific details may vary depending on individual preferences and desired outcomes.
Recipe #2: TKB's Basic Lip Oil Recipe
Ingredients and formulation suggestions:
The main component of lip oils, base oils provide moisturization and nourishment to the lips. You can choose from various oils depending on your preferences and skin type.
- Thickeners: Polybutene
This ingredient can add viscosity and give the lip oil a slightly thicker texture.
- Antioxidants: Vitamin E Oil
- Colorants/Pigments: Sweet Heart Lip Liquid Set
- Plumping Ingredients (optional): Peppermint Essential Oil. The way plumping ingredients work is to slightly irritate your lips. Peppermint has a slightly irritating effect. So if you feel a tingling sensation and a temporary increase in volume, that menas it is working!
- Prepare a clean container for your lip oil, such as a lip gloss tube or a small glass jar with a lid.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or a small saucepan, combine the desired base oil (around 1 tablespoon) with a small amount of thickener (if desired, around 1/4 teaspoon). Heat the mixture gently until the thickener is fully dissolved, if applicable.
- Add a few drops of vitamin E oil (optional) for its antioxidant benefits and mix well.
- If you want to add color, incorporate a small amount of lip-safe colorant or pigment. Start with a pinch and adjust until you achieve the desired color. Mix thoroughly to distribute the color evenly.
- If you prefer a scented or flavored lip oil, add a few drops of your chosen essential oil. Adjust the amount based on your preference and mix well.
- Carefully pour the mixture into your chosen container, using a small funnel or dropper if necessary.
- Allow the lip oil to cool and solidify. If using a lip gloss tube, you can refrigerate it to speed up the setting process.
- Once solidified, your lip oil is ready to use! Apply a small amount to your lips for hydration, shine, and optional color.
Remember to store your homemade lip oil in a cool, dry place and use it within a few months. Always perform a patch test before using any new lip product and discontinue use if you experience any adverse reactions.
Feel free to experiment with different oils, colorants, flavors, and plumping ingredients to create your ideal lip oil formulation.
Here are some tips and tricks for maximizing the benefits of your lip oil:
- Begin with clean, dry lips: Prior to applying lip oil, ensure that your lips are clean and devoid of any other products.
- Apply a small quantity: Lip oil goes a long way, so start with a small amount and add more if necessary.
- Use it as a base for lipstick or gloss: Lip oil can serve as a primer, making your lipstick or gloss application smoother and more long-lasting.
- Reapply as required: While lip oil provides long-lasting moisture, you may need to reapply it throughout the day based on your personal needs.
- Store in a cool, dry location: To prevent the oils from spoiling, store your lip oil in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
With all the fundamental aspects of creating lip products covered, you're now well-prepared to begin!
Products to Shop:
TKB Base -
TKB Colouring Pigments -
TKB Flavouring Oils -
Base Oils -
Lip Oil Tubes
Syringe & Pipettes -