Sunflower wax is a vegetable wax with high melting point. It is vegan and can be used in conjunction or as substitution for beeswax, carnauba wax, and candelilla wax. It is great for lip products, body butters, and other cosmetics.
|Jojoba Oil||8 gr||32%|
1) Measure Phase A, place into double boiler vessel (I use a 1 cup pyrex measuring cup).
2) While the wax is melting, measure out phase B. I measure this into a small 2oz. stainless steel creamer vessel. Use a colored mica of your choice.
3) When wax is melted, hold phase B vessel in the double water, constantly stirring with your thermometer until temperature 175F is reached. Take out of water, wipe the outside of stainless steel vessel to get the water off of it.
4) Pour Phase B into Phase A. Stir well. Take out of double boiler, wipe water off outside of pyrex measuring cup.
5) Add Phase C. (I use a disposable pipette) Stir well. Pour into mold at 168-170F.
Note: You want to heat the oil so that it doesn't shock the wax when you add it.
Melting point of our waxes:
|Candelilla||68.5C - 72.5C|
|Carnauba||80C - 86C|
|Ceresine||54C - 71C|
|Citrine Clear Wax||90C - 105C|
|Double Refined Candelilla Wax||68.5C - 72.5C|
|Emulsifying Wax||50C - 54C|
|Microcrystalline Wax||88C - 96C|
|Opal Clear Wax||75C - 79C|
|Ozokerite Wax||60C - 93C|
|Paraffin Wax Beads||65.5C - 68.3C|
|Polyester Castor Wax||50C - 70 C|
Rice Bran Wax
|78C - 82C|
|Sunflower Wax||74C - 77C|
|Synthetic Jojoba Wax||60C - 65C|
|Cyrstal Clear Wax||90C|
|Siliconyl Polyethylene||65C - 75C|
|Lauryl Laurate||23C - 30C|