Micro Fine Silk Powder
A very fine, silky and white, with no taste or smell. It averages 5 microns in size. It is typically used in loose powder cosmetics. It will not dissolve in water.
Silk powder is a popular additive to both powder and liquid cosmetics, as well as hair care products:
- Adds a sheen to your makeup products as the light is reflected
- Contains 18 amino acids which are easily absorbed into the skin.
- Both reflects and absorbs UV rays.
- Is a natural moisture-adjusting product which can absorb or release moisture as the temperature and humidity change.
- Is also a powder which "breathes"
- Is an oil absorbent and is suitable for cosmetics for oily skin.
You won't need a lot of silk powder to add benefit to your product. Recommended usage rate is 3% - 20% of the formula. Having said this, some people do use large amounts of silk powder to make a "veil" or "finishing powder".