Nail Polish Glamour Base
Sign up to get restock alert:
TKB's Glamour Base is specially formulated to suspend glitter in a clear finish, as well as to be colored by TKB's Nail Polish Color Concentrates.
This unique formula will give you that salon professional look at home saving you money and allowing you to duplicate your favorite colors as often as you like!
This product only ships via FedEx Ground and only to the lower 48 states and Canada.
This product is: vegan, cruelty free and 10-free.
Nail Polish Glamour Base for Glitter (Suspension Base). This base is ideal for nail polish which contains glitter and will prevent glitter from sinking to the bottom of a nail polish bottle. For this reason, it is thicker than our standard luster base.
TKB's Glamour Base has a small amount of Violet #2 dye added to it. As a result, the product has a slight purple/violet tint to it.
The addition of Violet #2 into nail polish is very common in commercial manufacturing as it offers several advantages:
- Nail polish tends to have a yellow underhue, or to yellow with age and exposure to UV light. Purple is "opposite yellow on the color wheel" and therefore offsets yellow, making the resulting polish more neutral in color as it ages.
- A slightly colored nail polish is easier to see when pouring into the bottle.
- Sweetness factor: For us, working with this lightly colored polish is the difference between working with a boring bottle of glue and something that is just prettier, brighter and somehow more magical. Maybe the big guys don't factor this last point in, but it's our experience.
Ingredients By Percent
- Butyl Acetate: 40%
- Ethyl Acetate: 22.55%
- Nitrocellulose: 14%
- Adipic Acid / Neopentyl Gycol / Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer: 7.12%
- Acetyl Tributyl Citrate: 7%
- Isopropyl Alcohol: 1.2%
- Stearalkonium Bentonite: 1.13%
- Acrylates Copolymer: 0.5%
- Silica: 0.2%
- Benzophenone-1: 0.2%
- Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate: 0.1%
!!! Warning !!!
- Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- Causes serious eye irritation.
- May cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse continuously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do, - continue rinsing.
- Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed. Keep cool.
- Dispose of contents/container with regards to State/Federal/Local Regulations.
This product ships as a hazardous material.