Clear Coat Nail Polish
This product is: vegan, cruelty free and 10-free.
Sign up to get restock alert:
All TKB Trading Nail Polish bases are "10-free" and made in the USA.
TKB's Clear Coat is a high shine, clear top coat used for sealing the final layer of nail polish.
TKB's Clear Coat has a small amount of Violet #2 dye added to it. As a result, the product has a slight purple/violet tint to it.
The addition of Violet #2 into nail polish is very common in commercial manufacturing as it offers several advantages:
Nail polish tends to have a yellow underhue, or to yellow with age and exposure to UV light. Purple is "opposite yellow on the color wheel" and therefore offsets yellow, making the resulting polish more neutral in color as it ages. A slightly colored nail polish is easier to see when pouring into the bottle. Sweetness factor: For us, working with this lightly colored polish is the difference between working with a boring bottle of glue and something that is just prettier, brighter and somehow more magical. Maybe the big guys don't factor this last point in, but it's our experience.
Ingredients By Percent:
- Ethyl Acetate: 34.2%
- Butyl Acetate: 32.5%
- Nitrocellulose: 13.3%
- Adipic Acid / Neopentyl Glycol / Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer: 7.3%
- Isopropyl Alcohol: 5.7%
- Acetyl Tributyl Citrate: 4.8%
- Silica: 1.7%
- Acrylates Copolymer: 0.33%
- Benzophenone-3: 0.09%
- N-Butyl Alcohol: 0.09%
- Violet #2: 0.0001%
!!! Warning !!!
- Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- Causes serious eye irritation.
- May cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse continuously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do, - continue rinsing.
- Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed. Keep cool.
- Dispose of contents/container with regards to State/Federal/Local Regulations.
This product ships as a hazardous material.